Pages

Tuesday, June 15, 2021

This week for Independent writing we have been writing about the Maori myths, I did Maui and the big fish.


Maui said to his brothers’’ hey I want to go fishing with you guys’’, ‘’ no ‘’ said his brothers ‘’ you are too young and small’’. His brothers laughed. That night Maui wove himself a strong fishing line and the jaw bone his grandmother had given him, then he quietly snuck into his brother's waka and hid. That morning Maui woke to the sound of his brothers paddling through the water, he waited until the waka stopped and his brothers but there lines out then he sprung out of his hiding place and said ‘’ now i'll show you’’ he yelled as he threw his line overboard. All of a sudden the waka shook and Maui was surprised ‘’ can u help?’’ said Maui as he pulled and tucked. ‘’Wow’’ said Maui and his brothers as they stabbed the giant stingray.



do you know any other Maori myths?

No comments:

Post a Comment


To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post